Hampden's mission is to empower others through fashion. Our values of Authenticity, Connection, and Gratitude not only guide us on how to show up for our clients, but also how we show up for our coworkers. We believe in supporting each other to be the best version of themselves, and honor each person's individual talents and perspectives. It is through each unique person on our team that our company will grow to the next level.
Charleston, SC (747 Meeting Street)
Hampden is a multi-brand boutique offering an ultra-curated selection of over 100 established and emerging luxury fashion labels along with a unique contemporary designer assortment of ready-to-wear, shoes, handbags, jewelry, and accessories. Situated on Charleston’s famous King Street, the 10,000 square foot flagship location is housed across three historic buildings that date back to 1878, making Hampden the largest storefront on the iconic street.
With a focus on creating clean lines while providing an inviting atmosphere, the main spaces feature poured concrete floors, exposed original wood beam ceiling, and industrial fixtures to allow the clothing to hang against a clean backdrop that encourages discovery. The dressing rooms are outfitted in custom Rebecca Atwood wallpaper, along with plush carpeting to evoke a cozy, living room like setting.
Since opening the boutique in February 2007, Founder and CEO, Stacy Smallwood has been responsible for curating Hampden’s exceptional offering and exclusive collaborations, while ensuring unprecedented client service and quintessential southern hospitality for her loyal customers across the world. Each season she travels the world, discovering and seeking out new collections that inspire her, hand selecting each piece to proudly hang in Hampden.
Stacy’s keen eye and knack for identifying the “new guard” has attracted various RTW and Accessories brands such as Carolina Herrera, Christopher John Rogers, Co, Clergerie, Dorothee Schumacher, Isabel Marant, JW Anderson, Ganni, KHAITE, Kika Vargas, Lingua Franca, La Double J, Proenza Schouler, Plan C, Marni, Rachel Comey, Rosetta Getty, Sacai, Simone Rocha, STAND, Stella McCartney, Ulla Johnson, among many more.
As a Web Stylist, you're someone who's committed to the "look". You have a hunger for fashion, even outside of the brands Hampden carries. You know what's happening in the world and can carry that into your looks--creating a conversation that's worldly and speaks to our brands and our customer. You can work independently and can take the lead while on set, yet work easily within a team. You understand that feedback is essential to growth, and you know how to not take it personally.
About The Role
The Web Stylist is responsible for creating all of the looks featured in Hampden's digital content--from social media to editorials to the web site. Organization and ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines is integral to the sucess of this role.
- Receive product from production team and style out 60 RTW pieces a day.
- Execute looks on set based on your style plan, depending on the models that are booked, and understand fit as it relates to an ecomm website
- Participate in creative content, ranging from being in styling videos for social media to styling editorial shoots using each designer's brand guides
- Maintain a "to be shot" list and make sure that any errors are caught and fixed in a timely manner
- Ensure damages do not occur in the process of shooting on set or for creatives or report them and send out for cleaning or damages
- Create a props request list to be sent to the backstock team in a timely manner based on standards set
- Maintain a set sheet that has all descriptions and names of items in each look you've created
- Coordinate reshoots to be added to the next setlist
- Be detail-oriented and organized
- Able to manage multiple projects with awareness of priority and timeline
- Self-motivated; takes initiative and is proactive
- Resourceful; look for answers before asking and utilize resources at hand
- Have personal responsibility and ownership of tasks
- Move with a sense of urgency
- Collaborate and communicate effectively and amicably within a team
- Have a positive attitude
- Practice Hampden's values of "Humble, Hungry, and Smart"
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend, and crouch, and lift for 100% of the day.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
- Must be available to work Monday through Friday, 9:30am - 6:00pm.
- Some weekends may be required.
- Compensation: competitive salary based on experience
- Benefits: Health benefits and retirement
- Perks: Paid holidays, PTO, discount on purchases, monthly clothing allotment, one 10-class pass each month to The Works
- Type of Hire: This is a full-time, in-person, non-exempt position. Remote work is not available for this position.
Hampden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Hampden does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.