Hampden's mission is to empower others through fashion. Our values of Authenticity, Connection, and Gratitude not only guide us on how to show up for our clients, but also how we show up for our coworkers. We believe in supporting each other to be the best version of themselves, and honor each person's individual talents and perspectives. It is through each unique person on our team that our company will grow to the next level.
Charleston, SC (314 King Street)
Hampden is a multi-brand boutique offering an ultra-curated selection of over 100 established and emerging luxury fashion labels along with a unique contemporary designer assortment of ready-to-wear, shoes, handbags, jewelry, and accessories. Situated on Charleston’s famous King Street, the 10,000 square foot flagship location is housed across three historic buildings that date back to 1878, making Hampden the largest storefront on the iconic street.
With a focus on creating clean lines while providing an inviting atmosphere, the main spaces feature poured concrete floors, exposed original wood beam ceiling, and industrial fixtures to allow the clothing to hang against a clean backdrop that encourages discovery. The dressing rooms are outfitted in custom Rebecca Atwood wallpaper, along with plush carpeting to evoke a cozy, living room like setting.
Since opening the boutique in February 2007, Founder and CEO, Stacy Smallwood has been responsible for curating Hampden’s exceptional offering and exclusive collaborations, while ensuring unprecedented client service and quintessential southern hospitality for her loyal customers across the world. Each season she travels the world, discovering and seeking out new collections that inspire her, hand selecting each piece to proudly hang in Hampden.
Stacy’s keen eye and knack for identifying the “new guard” has attracted various RTW and Accessories brands such as Carolina Herrera, Christopher John Rogers, Co, Clergerie, Dorothee Schumacher, Isabel Marant, JW Anderson, Ganni, KHAITE, Kika Vargas, Lingua Franca, La Double J, Proenza Schouler, Plan C, Marni, Rachel Comey, Rosetta Getty, Sacai, Simone Rocha, STAND, Stella McCartney, Ulla Johnson, among many more.
As Hampden's Stylist Assistant, you're responsible for assisting with the client experience from start to finish. From greeting clients with a friendly and welcoming face, to assisting with the checkout process, you're an integral part of the Hampden experience. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, and you love being proactive and anticipating others' needs. Your fashion sense, sense of urgency, and attention to detail sets you apart.
About The Role
A Stylist Assistant is responsible for greeting clients as soon as they enter the store and connecting them with a stylists in order to help them meet their sales goals. You will help maintain cleanliness and organization of the sales floor and dressing rooms, ensuring visual standards are maintained at all times.
- Assist stylists with achieving their sales goals by connecting them with walk in clients on the sales floor
- Assist stylists with their sales goals by pulling items from the sales floor that they wish to send out to their clients
- Maintain visual standards on the sales floor at all times
- Clean out dressing rooms and return items to the sales floor according to visual standards
- Be an expert on all products in the store
- Assist stylists in the dressing room by pulling additional sizes or items
- Complete your assigned opening and closing checklist duties daily
- Attend morning meetings on days that you're scheduled
- Participate in store communication via Slack
Qualifications and Experience
- Takes initiative and is proactive
- Resourceful; look for answers before asking and utilize resources at hand
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Mac OS
- Microsoft: Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Technologically saavy
- Have a sense of urgency and be punctual
- Strong interest and knowledge in fashion
- Able to work weekends and some holidays
- Compensation: competitive salary based on experience
- Benefits: Health benefits and retirement
- Perks: Paid holidays, PTO, discount on purchases, monthly clothing allotment, one 10-class pass each month to The Works
- Type of Hire: This is a full-time, in-person, non-exempt position. Remote work is not available for this position.
Hampden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Hampden does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.