Hampden's mission is to empower others through fashion. Our values of Authenticity, Connection, and Gratitude not only guide us on how to show up for our clients, but also how we show up for our coworkers. We believe in supporting each other to be the best version of themselves, and honor each person's individual talents and perspectives. It is through each unique person on our team that our company will grow to the next level.
SALES ASSOCIATE / STYLIST
Charleston, SC (314 King Street)
Hampden is a multi-brand boutique offering an ultra-curated selection of over 100 established and emerging luxury fashion labels along with a unique contemporary designer assortment of ready-to-wear, shoes, handbags, jewelry, and accessories. Situated on Charleston’s famous King Street, the 10,000 square foot flagship location is housed across three historic buildings that date back to 1878, making Hampden the largest storefront on the iconic street.
With a focus on creating clean lines while providing an inviting atmosphere, the main spaces feature poured concrete floors, exposed original wood beam ceiling, and industrial fixtures to allow the clothing to hang against a clean backdrop that encourages discovery. The dressing rooms are outfitted in custom Rebecca Atwood wallpaper, along with plush carpeting to evoke a cozy, living room like setting.
Since opening the boutique in February 2007, Founder and CEO, Stacy Smallwood has been responsible for curating Hampden’s exceptional offering and exclusive collaborations, while ensuring unprecedented client service and quintessential southern hospitality for her loyal customers across the world. Each season she travels the world, discovering and seeking out new collections that inspire her, hand selecting each piece to proudly hang in Hampden.
Stacy’s keen eye and knack for identifying the “new guard” has attracted various RTW and Accessories brands such as Carolina Herrera, Christopher John Rogers, Co, Clergerie, Dorothee Schumacher, Isabel Marant, JW Anderson, Ganni, KHAITE, Kika Vargas, Lingua Franca, La Double J, Proenza Schouler, Plan C, Marni, Rachel Comey, Rosetta Getty, Sacai, Simone Rocha, STAND, Stella McCartney, Ulla Johnson, among many more.
As a Stylist, you're responsible for serving all Hampden guests, from walk ins to loyal clients. You're their style expert and you know each brand we carry inside and out. Your passion for the product is infectious and your clients feel your energy instantly. You genuinely want your clients to feel beautiful, seen, and heard. You live for meeting new people, making authentic connections, and helping them find that piece that brings them instant joy. You know that your ability to follow through and follow up is integral to your success, and you have a proven ability to drive and exceed both individual and store results with candor and kindness. Driven, charismatic, highly collaborative, and engaged, you're an integral part of the Sales Team - you are the face of Hampden!
About The Role
The role of a Sales Associate / Stylist is to forge connections with customers while communicating Hampden's brand values with insightful and passionate product knowledge. The role is responsible for cultivating and maintaining valuable client relationships, as well as acting as an ambassador for Hampden standards in retail sales and luxury experiences. Because this is a sales-oriented position, sales goals and stylist skills are a required part of the job.
- Create and foster a respectful and inclusive team environment by welcoming and celebrating differences to ensure a supportive, productive, and fun experience for the team and the customer.
- Facilitate a seamless guest experience through hospitality, product knowledge and the passion that radiates from you.
- Prepare fitting rooms, find sizes, and provide honest, knowledgeable feedback to customers regarding merchandise style and fit.
- Work collaboratively with the sales team to ensure each customer receives the best experience possible.
- Takes ownership of the sales floor to ensure customer experience is the first priority.
- Forge lasting relationships with customers by engaging with them about product details, new product and replenishment, and invite them to upcoming events.
- Be knowledgeable on what's new and what's selling well.
- Promote the vision and culture of Hampden while being a champion for our designers.
- Resolve guest feedback and address issues, including guest escalations and urgent requests, helping to "make it right" for guests.
- Strive to meet and exceed sales goals and company key performance indicators.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure an optimal guest experience that values guests' time and supports store operations.
- Establish supportive and productive relationships with all team members, focusing on personal and professional development.
- Be a customer service expert, create experiences and develop relationships with customers, and embrace the social aspect of sales.
- Willing to work as part of a team and complete work independently.
- Willing to move through a sales floor for most of a shift to help guests and accomplish work
- Willing to work in an environment with bright lights and music
Qualifications and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent combination of education and sufficient work experience
- At least 1-3 year experience in luxury sales or hospitality
- Strong verbal and written skills, effective and kind communicator
- Strong eye for fashion
- Ability to perform effective selling techniques to achieve sales and repeat business
- Technologically savvy a plus, with a willingness to learn
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- A leader in punctuality and attendance, adhering to scheduled shifts
- A clear, kind communicator
- Compensation: competitive salary based on experience
- Benefits: Health benefits and retirement
- Perks: Paid holidays, PTO, discount on purchases, monthly clothing allotment, one 10-class pass each month to The Works
- Type of Hire: This is a full-time, in-person, non-exempt position. Remote work is not available for this position.
Hampden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Hampden does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.