Hampden's mission is to empower others through fashion. Our values of Authenticity, Connection, and Gratitude not only guide us on how to show up for our clients, but also how we show up for our coworkers. We believe in supporting each other to be the best version of themselves, and honor each person's individual talents and perspectives. It is through each unique person on our team that our company will grow to the next level. Being a team player is a non-negotiable. Our core values (humble, hungry, and smart) are extremely important, and we look for candidates who take pride in their work. This is not just a job--this is an environment that is dedicated to doing things right, having fun, not taking things personally, learning from mistakes, and working towards the same goals.
SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN
Charleston, SC (747 Meeting Street)
Hampden is a multi-brand boutique offering an ultra-curated selection of over 100 established and emerging luxury fashion labels along with a unique contemporary designer assortment of ready-to-wear, shoes, handbags, jewelry, and accessories. Situated on Charleston’s famous King Street, the 10,000 square foot flagship location is housed across three historic buildings that date back to 1878, making Hampden the largest storefront on the iconic street.
With a focus on creating clean lines while providing an inviting atmosphere, the main spaces feature poured concrete floors, exposed original wood beam ceiling, and industrial fixtures to allow the clothing to hang against a clean backdrop that encourages discovery. The dressing rooms are outfitted in custom Rebecca Atwood wallpaper, along with plush carpeting to evoke a cozy, living room like setting.
Since opening the boutique in February 2007, Founder and CEO, Stacy Smallwood has been responsible for curating Hampden’s exceptional offering and exclusive collaborations, while ensuring unprecedented client service and quintessential southern hospitality for her loyal customers across the world. Each season she travels the world, discovering and seeking out new collections that inspire her, hand selecting each piece to proudly hang in Hampden.
Stacy’s keen eye and knack for identifying the “new guard” has attracted various RTW and Accessories brands such as Carolina Herrera, Christopher John Rogers, Co, Clergerie, Dorothee Schumacher, Isabel Marant, JW Anderson, Ganni, KHAITE, Kika Vargas, Lingua Franca, La Double J, Proenza Schouler, Plan C, Marni, Rachel Comey, Rosetta Getty, Sacai, Simone Rocha, STAND, Stella McCartney, Ulla Johnson, among many more.
As Hampden's Social Media Intern, you have knowledge of Hampden's brands, a passion for fashion, and are customer-service focused. You thrive in high-energy environments with tight deadlines and multiple demands on your time. You have a passion for pop culture and contemporary trends in fashion.
About The Internship
The Social Media intern will have the opportunity to work alongside the creative team to plan social media, communicate the brand in a creative and on brand way, stay on top of digital trends, and assist with content creation.
You will be responsible for:
- Help with planning out social media grid on Later
- Ensure all posts go live with the correct tags and descriptions
- Provide excellent customer service in DMs and comments
- Assist with trending Reel and TikTok ideas
- Assist on set with getting content at all corners of web production
- Be detail-oriented and organized
- Able to manage multiple projects with awareness of priority and timeline
- Self-motivated; takes initiative and is proactive
- Resourceful; look for answers before asking and utilize resources at hand
- Have personal responsibility and ownership of tasks
- Move with a sense of urgency
- Collaborate and communicate effectively and amicably within a team
- Have a positive attitude
- Practice Hampden's values of "Humble, Hungry, and Smart"
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend, and crouch, and lift for 100% of the day.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
- Must be available to work Monday through Friday, 9:30am - 6:00pm.
- Compensation: hourly rate based on experience
- Perks: Discount on purchases, monthly clothing allotment
- Type of Hire: This is a full-time, in-person, non-exempt position. Remote work is not available for this position.
Hampden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Hampden does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.