Hampden's mission is to empower others through fashion. Our values of Authenticity, Connection, and Gratitude not only guide us on how to show up for our clients, but also how we show up for our coworkers. We believe in supporting each other to be the best version of themselves, and honor each person's individual talents and perspectives. It is through each unique person on our team that our company will grow to the next level.
SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR
Charleston, SC (747 Meeting Street)
Hampden is a multi-brand boutique offering an ultra-curated selection of over 100 established and emerging luxury fashion labels along with a unique contemporary designer assortment of ready-to-wear, shoes, handbags, jewelry, and accessories. Situated on Charleston’s famous King Street, the 10,000 square foot flagship location is housed across three historic buildings that date back to 1878, making Hampden the largest storefront on the iconic street.
With a focus on creating clean lines while providing an inviting atmosphere, the main spaces feature poured concrete floors, exposed original wood beam ceiling, and industrial fixtures to allow the clothing to hang against a clean backdrop that encourages discovery. The dressing rooms are outfitted in custom Rebecca Atwood wallpaper, along with plush carpeting to evoke a cozy, living room like setting.
Since opening the boutique in February 2007, Founder and CEO, Stacy Smallwood has been responsible for curating Hampden’s exceptional offering and exclusive collaborations, while ensuring unprecedented client service and quintessential southern hospitality for her loyal customers across the world. Each season she travels the world, discovering and seeking out new collections that inspire her, hand selecting each piece to proudly hang in Hampden.
Stacy’s keen eye and knack for identifying the “new guard” has attracted various RTW and Accessories brands such as Carolina Herrera, Christopher John Rogers, Co, Clergerie, Dorothee Schumacher, Isabel Marant, JW Anderson, Ganni, KHAITE, Kika Vargas, Lingua Franca, La Double J, Proenza Schouler, Plan C, Marni, Rachel Comey, Rosetta Getty, Sacai, Simone Rocha, STAND, Stella McCartney, Ulla Johnson, among many more.
As Hampden's Social Media Coordinator, you have knowledge of Hampden's brands, a passion for fashion, and are customer-service focused. You are the continuation of the Hampden brand in the virtual world, and must apply the same excellent customer service that is offered in store through social media. You thrive in high-energy environments with tight deadlines and multiple demands on your time.
About The Role
The Social Media Coordinator is responsible for elevating Hampden's social media strategy and taking it to the next level. You will post daily (multiple times per day) social media posting, 7 days a week, and respond to all customer DMs and comments in Hampden's voice.
- Be proactive and plan ahead to keep track of deadlines, upcoming events, and promotions
- Must have a general sense of fashion and knowledge of Hampden's brand assortment
- Comfortable on camera of stories and other social media opportunities
- Give clients the best experience in and out of the store by responding to every DM, tagged post, and comment in a timely manner
- Must be able to work collaboratively with the E-Commerce and Digital departments, while often taking initiative without being directed
- Ability to adapt and change a set plan quickly to accommodate for the ever-changing, of-the-moment nature of the digital and fashion worlds
- Work with Stylists and Personal Shoppers to capture fashion look
Qualifications and Experience
- Background or education in communications, creative writing, or English is preferred
- Excellent written communication
- Takes initiative and is proactive
- Resourceful; look for answers before asking and utilize resources at hand
- Communicate and listen
- Technologically saavy
- Positive attitude
- Have a sense of urgency and be punctual
- Time management
- Customer service
- Ability to work with vendors and meet with them virtually and in person to coordinate
- Mac OS
- Google Sheets, Docs, Drive
- Dropbox and Box
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop
- Compensation: competitive salary based on experience
- Benefits: Health benefits and retirement
- Perks: Paid holidays, PTO, discount on purchases, monthly clothing allotment, one 10-class pass each month to The Works
- Type of Hire: This is a full-time, in-person, non-exempt position. Remote work is not available for this position.
Hampden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Hampden does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.