Hampden's mission is to empower others through fashion. Our values of Authenticity, Connection, and Gratitude not only guide us on how to show up for our clients, but also how we show up for our coworkers. We believe in supporting each other to be the best version of themselves, and honor each person's individual talents and perspectives. It is through each unique person on our team that our company will grow to the next level.
PERSONAL SHOPPER ASSISTANT
Charleston, SC (314 King Street)
Hampden is a multi-brand boutique offering an ultra-curated selection of over 100 established and emerging luxury fashion labels along with a unique contemporary designer assortment of ready-to-wear, shoes, handbags, jewelry, and accessories. Situated on Charleston’s famous King Street, the 10,000 square foot flagship location is housed across three historic buildings that date back to 1878, making Hampden the largest storefront on the iconic street.
With a focus on creating clean lines while providing an inviting atmosphere, the main spaces feature poured concrete floors, exposed original wood beam ceiling, and industrial fixtures to allow the clothing to hang against a clean backdrop that encourages discovery. The dressing rooms are outfitted in custom Rebecca Atwood wallpaper, along with plush carpeting to evoke a cozy, living room like setting.
Since opening the boutique in February 2007, Founder and CEO, Stacy Smallwood has been responsible for curating Hampden’s exceptional offering and exclusive collaborations, while ensuring unprecedented client service and quintessential southern hospitality for her loyal customers across the world. Each season she travels the world, discovering and seeking out new collections that inspire her, hand selecting each piece to proudly hang in Hampden.
Stacy’s keen eye and knack for identifying the “new guard” has attracted various RTW and Accessories brands such as Carolina Herrera, Christopher John Rogers, Co, Clergerie, Dorothee Schumacher, Isabel Marant, JW Anderson, Ganni, KHAITE, Kika Vargas, Lingua Franca, La Double J, Proenza Schouler, Plan C, Marni, Rachel Comey, Rosetta Getty, Sacai, Simone Rocha, STAND, Stella McCartney, Ulla Johnson, among many more.
As Hampden's Personal Shopper Assistant, you play a crucial role in the client experience. You're the right hand person to the Personal Shopper, and are responsible for helping them with their day-to-day tasks of assisting clients and maintaining their client book. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, and you love being proactive and anticipating others' needs. Your fashion sense and ability to read a client's style immediately sets you apart.
About The Role
A Personal Shopper Assistant is responsible for being an extension of the personal shopper and their day-to-day tasks. They help keep them organized, assist with their travel, check out their clients, maintaining clean dressing rooms, pull sales reports, and are confident in one-on-one interactions with their clients.
- Help keep the Personal Shopper organized by keeping track of daily responsibilities and appointments
- Communicate daily with the Personal Shopper's clients in a manner and tone that is in line with theirs
- Travel with the Personal Shopper for events and photoshoots, including weekends and early/late days
- Check out clients in the POS
- Be an expert on all products in the store
- Assist with maintaining clean dressing rooms
- Pull sales reports for the Personal Shopper
- Pull styles in advance of VIP client appointments
Qualifications and Experience
- Takes initiative and is proactive
- Resourceful; look for answers before asking and utilize resources at hand
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Mac iOS
- Technologically saavy
- Have a sense of urgency and be punctual
- Strong interest and knowledge in fashion
- Able to work weekends and some holidays
- Compensation: competitive salary based on experience
- Benefits: Health benefits and retirement
- Perks: Paid holidays, PTO, discount on purchases, monthly clothing allotment, one 10-class pass each month to The Works
- Type of Hire: This is a full-time, in-person, non-exempt position. Remote work is not available for this position.
Hampden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Hampden does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.