Hampden's mission is to empower others through fashion. Our values of Authenticity, Connection, and Gratitude not only guide us on how to show up for our clients, but also how we show up for our coworkers. We believe in supporting each other to be the best version of themselves, and honor each person's individual talents and perspectives. It is through each unique person on our team that our company will grow to the next level. Being a team player is a non-negotiable. Our core values (humble, hungry, and smart) are extremely important, and we look for candidates who take pride in their work. This is not just a job--this is an environment that is dedicated to doing things right, having fun, not taking things personally, learning from mistakes, and working towards the same goals.
Charleston, SC (314 King Street)
Hampden is a multi-brand boutique offering an ultra-curated selection of over 100 established and emerging luxury fashion labels along with a unique contemporary designer assortment of ready-to-wear, shoes, handbags, jewelry, and accessories. Situated on Charleston’s famous King Street, the 10,000 square foot flagship location is housed across three historic buildings that date back to 1878, making Hampden the largest storefront on the iconic street.
With a focus on creating clean lines while providing an inviting atmosphere, the main spaces feature poured concrete floors, exposed original wood beam ceiling, and industrial fixtures to allow the clothing to hang against a clean backdrop that encourages discovery. The dressing rooms are outfitted in custom Rebecca Atwood wallpaper, along with plush carpeting to evoke a cozy, living room like setting.
Since opening the boutique in February 2007, Founder and CEO, Stacy Smallwood has been responsible for curating Hampden’s exceptional offering and exclusive collaborations, while ensuring unprecedented client service and quintessential southern hospitality for her loyal customers across the world. Each season she travels the world, discovering and seeking out new collections that inspire her, hand selecting each piece to proudly hang in Hampden.
Stacy’s keen eye and knack for identifying the “new guard” has attracted various RTW and Accessories brands such as Carolina Herrera, Christopher John Rogers, Co, Clergerie, Dorothee Schumacher, Isabel Marant, JW Anderson, Ganni, KHAITE, Kika Vargas, Lingua Franca, La Double J, Proenza Schouler, Plan C, Marni, Rachel Comey, Rosetta Getty, Sacai, Simone Rocha, STAND, Stella McCartney, Ulla Johnson, among many more.
As Hampden's Orders Intern, you're someone who loves staying busy. You can easily transition from one type of task to another, and love a fast-paced, quickly-changing environment. You're highly organized, extremely efficient, and have a keen eye and passion for details.
About The Internship
The Orders Intern will have the opportunity to work in the E-Commerce Department alongside the Orders Manager. You will how a bustling luxury e-commerce business provides excellent customer service by quickly and accurately fulfilling every online order.
You will be responsible for:
- Pulling inventory from the floor immediately after online orders come through
- Preparing and processing orders, including making labels in Shipstation, preparing orders for DC, checking the orders for damages
- Coordinating delivery of local delivery orders and in-store pickup orders
- Troubleshooting order errors and lost packages
- Answering all orders, emails, phone calls, and texts immediately
- Be detail-oriented and organized
- Able to manage multiple projects with awareness of priority and timeline
- Self-motivated; takes initiative and is proactive
- Resourceful; look for answers before asking and utilize resources at hand
- Have personal responsibility and ownership of tasks
- Move with a sense of urgency
- Collaborate and communicate effectively and amicably within a team
- Have a positive attitude
- Practice Hampden's values of "Humble, Hungry, and Smart"
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend, and crouch, and lift for 100% of the day.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
- Must be available to work 4 days a week plus 1 weekend day, 9:30am - 6:00pm.
- Compensation: hourly rate based on experience
- Perks: Discount on purchases, monthly clothing allotment
- Type of Hire: This is a full-time, in-person, non-exempt position. Remote work is not available for this position.
Hampden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Hampden does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.