Hampden's mission is to empower others through fashion. Our values of Authenticity, Connection, and Gratitude not only guide us on how to show up for our clients, but also how we show up for our coworkers. We believe in supporting each other to be the best version of themselves, and honor each person's individual talents and perspectives. It is through each unique person on our team that our company will grow to the next level.
Charleston, SC (314 King Street)
Hampden is a multi-brand boutique offering an ultra-curated selection of over 100 established and emerging luxury fashion labels along with a unique contemporary designer assortment of ready-to-wear, shoes, handbags, jewelry, and accessories. Situated on Charleston’s famous King Street, the 10,000 square foot flagship location is housed across three historic buildings that date back to 1878, making Hampden the largest storefront on the iconic street.
With a focus on creating clean lines while providing an inviting atmosphere, the main spaces feature poured concrete floors, exposed original wood beam ceiling, and industrial fixtures to allow the clothing to hang against a clean backdrop that encourages discovery. The dressing rooms are outfitted in custom Rebecca Atwood wallpaper, along with plush carpeting to evoke a cozy, living room like setting.
Since opening the boutique in February 2007, Founder and CEO, Stacy Smallwood has been responsible for curating Hampden’s exceptional offering and exclusive collaborations, while ensuring unprecedented client service and quintessential southern hospitality for her loyal customers across the world. Each season she travels the world, discovering and seeking out new collections that inspire her, hand selecting each piece to proudly hang in Hampden.
Stacy’s keen eye and knack for identifying the “new guard” has attracted various RTW and Accessories brands such as Carolina Herrera, Christopher John Rogers, Co, Clergerie, Dorothee Schumacher, Isabel Marant, JW Anderson, Ganni, KHAITE, Kika Vargas, Lingua Franca, La Double J, Proenza Schouler, Plan C, Marni, Rachel Comey, Rosetta Getty, Sacai, Simone Rocha, STAND, Stella McCartney, Ulla Johnson, among many more.
As Hampden's Merchandising Stocker, you're in charge of making sure all product is correctly placed on the floor and in backstock.
About The Role
The Merchandiser Stocker is responsible for organizing and displaying product on the sales floor and backstock.
- Positively impact customer experience through display and visual appeal
- Ensure that products are accessible, constantly available on the floor, and properly distributed between the stock room and sales floor.
- Analyze data regarding sell through to stock and restock the sales floor
- Organize the stock room and ensure that merchandise is accurately labeled and placed logically and neatly
- Assist with inventory control and researching inventory discrepancies
- Assist with processing of damaged merchandise, as well as merchandise that requires dry cleaning
- Process vendor returns
- Manage visual display props and equipment
- Apply strong time management skills to prioritize receipt and placement of new product
Qualifications and Experience
- Takes initiative and is proactive
- Resourceful; look for answers before asking and utilize resources at hand
- Communicate and listen
- Mac iOS
- Technologically saavy
- Have a sense of urgency and be punctual
- Compensation: competitive salary based on experience
- Benefits: Health benefits and retirement
- Perks: Paid holidays, PTO, discount on purchases, monthly clothing allotment, one 10-class pass each month to The Works
- Type of Hire: This is a full-time, in-person, non-exempt position. Remote work is not available for this position.
Hampden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Hampden does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.