Hampden's mission is to empower others through fashion. Our values of Authenticity, Connection, and Gratitude not only guide us on how to show up for our clients, but also how we show up for our coworkers. We believe in supporting each other to be the best version of themselves, and honor each person's individual talents and perspectives. It is through each unique person on our team that our company will grow to the next level. Being a team player is a non-negotiable. Our core values (humble, hungry, and smart) are extremely important, and we look for candidates who take pride in their work. This is not just a job--this is an environment that is dedicated to doing things right, having fun, not taking things personally, learning from mistakes, and working towards the same goals.
DISTRIBUTION CENTER PACKER/UNPACKER (Part-time)
Charleston, SC (747 Meeting Street)
Hampden is a multi-brand boutique offering an ultra-curated selection of over 100 established and emerging luxury fashion labels along with a unique contemporary designer assortment of ready-to-wear, shoes, handbags, jewelry, and accessories. Situated on Charleston’s famous King Street, the 10,000 square foot flagship location is housed across three historic buildings that date back to 1878, making Hampden the largest storefront on the iconic street.
With a focus on creating clean lines while providing an inviting atmosphere, the main spaces feature poured concrete floors, exposed original wood beam ceiling, and industrial fixtures to allow the clothing to hang against a clean backdrop that encourages discovery. The dressing rooms are outfitted in custom Rebecca Atwood wallpaper, along with plush carpeting to evoke a cozy, living room like setting.
Since opening the boutique in February 2007, Founder and CEO, Stacy Smallwood has been responsible for curating Hampden’s exceptional offering and exclusive collaborations, while ensuring unprecedented client service and quintessential southern hospitality for her loyal customers across the world. Each season she travels the world, discovering and seeking out new collections that inspire her, hand selecting each piece to proudly hang in Hampden.
Stacy’s keen eye and knack for identifying the “new guard” has attracted various RTW and Accessories brands such as Carolina Herrera, Christopher John Rogers, Co, Clergerie, Dorothee Schumacher, Isabel Marant, JW Anderson, Ganni, KHAITE, Kika Vargas, Lingua Franca, La Double J, Proenza Schouler, Plan C, Marni, Rachel Comey, Rosetta Getty, Sacai, Simone Rocha, STAND, Stella McCartney, Ulla Johnson, among many more.
As Hampden's Distribution Center Packer/Unpacker, you love wrapping presents and packing orders, and revel in the details of how something that has been purchased is presented to the client. You love ensuring a task is completed from start to finish efficiently.
About The Role
This role supports Hampden's growing business by packing or unpacking online orders and/or client approval packages. Attention to detail is crucial to the success of this position, and following brand standards for packing high-quality, luxury items is of the utmost importance. You are the last touch point before a customer receives their merchandise, and it's up to you to ensure they get a continuation of excellent customer service through a perfectly packaged order.
- Pack outgoing online orders and approval packages according to brand standards
- Ensure all outgoing products meet quality control standards
- Unpack online orders and approval packages, completing returns according to a set process
- Ensure returned merchandise is in perfect condition and meets quality control standards
- Communicate with direct manager about supply needs
- Keep your workspace clean, organized, and stocked with the materials you need for each shift
- Communicate with the e-commerce and sales teams, and let them know if any discrepancies or issues arise with their orders
Qualifications and Experience
- Extremely detail oriented and organized
- Ability to cross check an order with the physical item
- Able to manage multiple projects with awareness of priority and timeline
- Takes initiative and is proactive
- Resourceful; look for answers before asking and utilize resources at hand
- Communicate and listen
- Personal responsibility
- Sense of urgency
- Positive attitude
- Team player
- Humble, Hungry, and Smart
- The DC Processor must be able to stand, walk, bend, and crouch, and lift for 100% of the day. You must be able to stand all day.
- You must be able to lift at least 40 pounds.
- Must be available Monday through Friday, 2:00pm - 6:00pm. This is a part-time position.
- You must be able to lift at least 40 pounds.
- Compensation: competitive salary based on experience
- Benefits: Health benefits and retirement
- Type of Hire: This is a part-time, in-person, non-exempt position. Remote work is not available for this position.
Hampden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Hampden does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.