Hampden's mission is to empower others through fashion. Our values of Authenticity, Connection, and Gratitude not only guide us on how to show up for our clients, but also how we show up for our coworkers. We believe in supporting each other to be the best version of themselves, and honor each person's individual talents and perspectives. It is through each unique person on our team that our company will grow to the next level.
DISTRIBUTION CENTER MANAGER
Charleston, SC (747 Meeting Street)
Hampden is a multi-brand boutique offering an ultra-curated selection of over 100 established and emerging luxury fashion labels along with a unique contemporary designer assortment of ready-to-wear, shoes, handbags, jewelry, and accessories. Situated on Charleston’s famous King Street, the 10,000 square foot flagship location is housed across three historic buildings that date back to 1878, making Hampden the largest storefront on the iconic street.
With a focus on creating clean lines while providing an inviting atmosphere, the main spaces feature poured concrete floors, exposed original wood beam ceiling, and industrial fixtures to allow the clothing to hang against a clean backdrop that encourages discovery. The dressing rooms are outfitted in custom Rebecca Atwood wallpaper, along with plush carpeting to evoke a cozy, living room like setting.
Since opening the boutique in February 2007, Founder and CEO, Stacy Smallwood has been responsible for curating Hampden’s exceptional offering and exclusive collaborations, while ensuring unprecedented client service and quintessential southern hospitality for her loyal customers across the world. Each season she travels the world, discovering and seeking out new collections that inspire her, hand selecting each piece to proudly hang in Hampden.
Stacy’s keen eye and knack for identifying the “new guard” has attracted various RTW and Accessories brands such as Carolina Herrera, Christopher John Rogers, Co, Clergerie, Dorothee Schumacher, Isabel Marant, JW Anderson, Ganni, KHAITE, Kika Vargas, Lingua Franca, La Double J, Proenza Schouler, Plan C, Marni, Rachel Comey, Rosetta Getty, Sacai, Simone Rocha, STAND, Stella McCartney, Ulla Johnson, among many more.
As the Distribution Center Manager, you have a passion for efficiency and all things inventory. You have an innate ability to manage a diverse team with many different moving parts, and you thrive when every day is different. Your ability to manage the constant flow of inventory in and out of the DC is crucial to the success of the company.
About The Role
The Distribution Center Manager is responsible for the flow of inventory in and out of the DC, the success of the DC team members, day-to-day operations of the DC, and constant communication to between the DC and the store.
- Ensuring all Fulfillment Specialists have what they need in order to get all orders shipped out same day
- Ensuring all incoming approvals are checked back in accurately, and processed quickly for return to the sales floor
- Manage the processing of all incoming shipments, from special orders to new product
- Create staff schedule and communicate it to Operations Manager
- Sorting of all incoming packages, ensuring that it goes to the correct recipient--from supplies and personal items, to approvals and new product shipments
- Manage delivery of product to the store on a set schedule
- Communicate constantly with Operations Manager and Visual Manager, giving constant updates of inventory status
- Manage shifting priorities among Receivers, Processors, Fulfillment Specialists, and E-Commerce Team
- Cultivate an environment that praises working hard, having fun, communicating, hustling, and being efficient
- Manage relationship with FedEx, UPS, and DHL and communicate any needs with the Operations Manager
- Maintain clean and fully operational building, including making sure WIFI and printers are functioning
- Manage maintenance of Sprinter vans
- Maintain adequate levels of supplies for efficient operation of DC
- Ensure supplies and inventory are brought to the store when requested
- Ensuring the trash and recycling is taken out daily and adjust schedule if needed
- Ensure that doors are secured and alarm is turned on nightly
- Lead the all team morning meetings each day
- Manage allotments for the DC team
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 2 years experience of managing a distribution center
- Extremely detail oriented and organized, able to manage multiple projects with awareness of priority and timeline
- Excellent organizational, communication, and listening skills
- Resourceful, speedy, flexible, and agile
- Mac iOS
- Takes initiative and is proactive, anticipating needs of the business ahead of time
- Positive attitude
- Sense of urgency
- Compensation: competitive salary based on experience
- Benefits: Health benefits and retirement
- Perks: Paid holidays, PTO, discount on purchases, monthly clothing allotment, one 10-class pass each month to The Works
- Type of Hire: This is a full-time, in-person, exempt position. Remote work is not available for this position.
Hampden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Hampden does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.