Hampden's mission is to empower others through fashion. Our values of Authenticity, Connection, and Gratitude not only guide us on how to show up for our clients, but also how we show up for our coworkers. We believe in supporting each other to be the best version of themselves, and honor each person's individual talents and perspectives. It is through each unique person on our team that our company will grow to the next level. Being a team player is a non-negotiable. Our core values (humble, hungry, and smart) are extremely important, and we look for candidates who take pride in their work. This is not just a job--this is an environment that is dedicated to doing things right, having fun, not taking things personally, learning from mistakes, and working towards the same goals.
Charleston, SC (314 King Street)
Hampden is a multi-brand boutique offering an ultra-curated selection of over 100 established and emerging luxury fashion labels along with a unique contemporary designer assortment of ready-to-wear, shoes, handbags, jewelry, and accessories. Situated on Charleston’s famous King Street, the 10,000 square foot flagship location is housed across three historic buildings that date back to 1878, making Hampden the largest storefront on the iconic street.
With a focus on creating clean lines while providing an inviting atmosphere, the main spaces feature poured concrete floors, exposed original wood beam ceiling, and industrial fixtures to allow the clothing to hang against a clean backdrop that encourages discovery. The dressing rooms are outfitted in custom Rebecca Atwood wallpaper, along with plush carpeting to evoke a cozy, living room like setting.
Since opening the boutique in February 2007, Founder and CEO, Stacy Smallwood has been responsible for curating Hampden’s exceptional offering and exclusive collaborations, while ensuring unprecedented client service and quintessential southern hospitality for her loyal customers across the world. Each season she travels the world, discovering and seeking out new collections that inspire her, hand selecting each piece to proudly hang in Hampden.
Stacy’s keen eye and knack for identifying the “new guard” has attracted various RTW and Accessories brands such as Carolina Herrera, Christopher John Rogers, Co, Clergerie, Dorothee Schumacher, Isabel Marant, JW Anderson, Ganni, KHAITE, Kika Vargas, Lingua Franca, La Double J, Proenza Schouler, Plan C, Marni, Rachel Comey, Rosetta Getty, Sacai, Simone Rocha, STAND, Stella McCartney, Ulla Johnson, among many more.
As Hampden's Approvals and E-Commerce Assistant, you'll act as the liaison between the store and the distribution center. You're someone who revels in the details and excels at making sure every "i" is dotted and every "t" is crossed. Your days will be filled with preparing outgoing approvals and pulling props for e-commerce photoshoots from the floor. You're someone who can easily transition from one type of task to another, and loves a fast-paced, quickly-changing environment. You are someone who loves to think ahead, loves a schedule and a list, and is super time aware.
About The Role
This role supports Hampden's growing Approvals and E-Commerce business by checking product accuracy prior to sending merchandise from the sales store to the distribution center. It is your responsibility for verifying that the product in hand is the same product on the packing ticket, as well as ensuring shipping labels are accurate.
- Create and print shipping labels for outgoing approval boxes, ensuring total accuracy
- Ensure all labels are printed and ready for each scheduled Distribution Center pickup
- Prepare merchandise to be transferred from the store to the Distribution Center for shipping
- Ensure each approval contains the correct items as listed on the packing slip
- Coordinate with Web Stylists to pull clothing and props from backstock or the sales floor
- Make sure requested clothing and props are received in a timely manner to ensure photoshoot production timing is maintained
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience creating shipping and return labels
- Extremely detail oriented and organized, able to manage multiple projects with awareness of priority and timeline
- Takes initiative and is proactive
- Resourceful; look for answers before asking and utilize resources at hand
- Communicate and listen
- Personal responsibility
- Sense of urgency
- Positive attitude
- Team player
- Humble, Hungry, and Smart
- The Shipping Assistant must be able to stand, walk, bend, and crouch, and lift for 100% of the day. You must be able to stand and sit daily. You must be able to lift at least 40 pounds. Must be available Monday through Friday, 9:30am - 6:00pm.
- Compensation: competitive salary based on experience
- Benefits: Health benefits and retirement
- Perks: Paid holidays, PTO, discount on purchases, monthly clothing allotment, one 10-class pass each month to The Works
- Type of Hire: This is a full-time, in-person, non-exempt position. Remote work is not available for this position.
Hampden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Hampden does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.