When opening Small, our main goal was to create a space for you to feel comfortable in. Where women can support and empower each other and always know they will look their best. Over the next few weeks, we will be sharing women in business who inspire us. First up: Julie & Stacey. These two powerhouses not only run their own consulting business, A Salty Rim, but are always looking for the next opportunity. The Wanderr, their 4-in-1 convertible chair, is their newest adventure. This chair turned cart lets you take the fun anywhere, literally! We set down with them at Small recently to see what inspires them and how they dress for themselves.
How does Small inspire you?
- We've had the privilege of watching Stacy, over the last number of years, live out her big dreams and it's been incredibly inspirational. She doesn't sit back and wait for things to happen, she makes waves, and in so doing makes a positive impact on so many people's lives. Opening Small is one way that she's thinking big and we couldn't love it more!
What are your favorite pieces from Small?
- Gosh, this is hard because there are different clothes for every occasion that we absolutely love! They have something for everyone and every occasion! What sets Small apart though is the knowledge and ability of their Stylists to find the perfect outfit to make you feel like a million bucks.
Why is it important to shop at a female owned business like Small?
- Because the team at Small innately understands the importance of feeling beautiful. Every person who walks through the Small does is an opportunity for them to help make someone feel more confident and proud of how beautiful they are as an individual. We also know how hard it is to start and run a successful small business, so every day, we choose to support a locally owned, female-run business. And, who wouldn't want to support Stacy and her dreams?
What would you tell others to inspire them to think bigger and tackle their dreams?
- Julie: You have to decide what you really want. Because if you really want something, you'll do the hard things it will take to get it. And remember, if it were easy everyone would do it. Just take the first step, and the rest will fall into place as it should.
- Stacey: The no's in the world doesn't mean you can't, or failure. Look at them as opportunities to propel yourself forward.
What advice would you give your younger self?
- Julie: Do the hard things because that's what tells the good stories. Don't ever go to bed with regrets. And always invest in quality relationships.
- Stacet: My motto is "the biggest risks in life are the ones not taken." So, don't ever be afraid to take risks.
How have you learned to dress for yourself?
- We haven't (haha) that's why we need Small.